Fall candy corn science is a great activity to set up after Halloween, when your stock of candy is abundant. Candy corn, peeps, gum drops, there’s so much to explore.
DISSOLVING CANDY CORN EXPERIMENT
YOU WILL NEED:
- Candy Corn
- Peeps (ghosts and pumpkins)
- Water, vinegar, oil, seltzer, cornstarch
- Clear cups
Your phone can be used as a timer for the dissolving candy experiment but any timer will do.
DISSOLVING CANDY EXPERIMENT SET UP
- Measure and fill clear cups with each of the liquids you are using.
- We used 5 liquids: cold water, hot water, oil, vinegar, and seltzer as our potential solvents.
- Place your candy in each of the cups and start the timer. Observe what happens to the candy in each liquid.
- Extension: For an older child, this dissolving candy activity would make a great entry for a science journal where he or she can take notes and record times!
- Within minutes your dissolving candy science experiment will be underway!
- Which liquid dissolves candy corn the fastest? Make your predictions and test your theories! This is a much quicker dissolving candy experiment if you need results right away!
For more candy STEM experiments go to Little Bins, Little Hands.
Check out NextGen's STEM furniture selection. Don't see what you want, use the contact form below to reach out to us, or give us a call.