Trying on a Chair
Office managers should attempt to have their employees try on the chair they plan to purchase before buying it to insure that it fits the employee. It is important to know how the chair should feel in order to make a wise purchase. Many office supply companies (Nextgen included) will bring a variety of chairs to the office so employees can sit in them and decide which one fits them best.
Here are some things to look for when you test the chairs:
- You can adjust the back so you’re sitting upright in the chair with your knees a few inches away from the edge.
- Your feet are planted on the ground.
- Your knees are at 90-degree angles.
- You can move the arms to be at a comfortable height.
- Making adjustments is straightforward.
- The seat is comfortable.(a Waterfall Seat is the best)
- You can move around easily.
- Your back feels supported.
- Maintaining proper posture while seated is easy.
Finding the right chair that is comfortable and keeps strain and injury from occurring is important to having happy, healthy, productive employees who aren’t out sick with back injuries.
Make sure the chairs in the office are doing their part to increase productivity by having employees try on various chair types before purchasing them.